Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Holy Cow!...Christmas is almost here


Ahhh...it's that time of year.  I haven't really enjoyed Christmas since I started as a courier at Fed Ex, almost 16 years ago.  I know...it's a sad story. 
Gone are the days of stringing popcorn and cranberries, one year I even made my own wrapping paper by carving holiday designs in potato halves...yes I said potato halves...and  printing them on tissue paper.
No more fancy wrapping jobs and frilly ribbon everywhere. 
There's just no time for it.  

But I did have time in November to make some Christmas ornaments...


I love making these stars.  Endless variations in glass and decoration!


  A lady bought this Paw Print Ornament in memory
of her dog who had recently passed away. 
               


 This is a patchwork star made from pieces left over from 
the more traditional stars....


These are the more traditional stars.
In this photo the stars are 
on my light table.  It shows the colors nicely,
but doesn't show the textures of the glass.


Here's the texture!

Have a great Holiday season, however you choose to celebrate it!

If you'd like to see more Christmas ornaments, click on this...



This is my son with my mom and dad last year around this time...

Enhanced by Zemanta

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-11536965-4