Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

The Yule Log
or
Mixed Media Sculpture
    So I was walking round the thrift store one day, looking for nothing in particular. I'll know it when I see it....I find a small log, that's right a log.  It's about 13 inches long and 4 inches in diameter.  It's been varnished and has two holes drilled in it, the right size for tapered candles.  The wax confirms that someone made and used this for a candle holder.  I have no idea what I will use it for, but it appeals to me so I buy  it. 
 
   When Mike spies it on my shelf he asks "What's with the yule log?"  It sits on the shelf in my glass room for quite some time..a couple of years perhaps.Then I go through a sort of phase making little trees out of wire and beads.  Hmmm...I'll just put a tree in each of the holes in the yule log!
 

I make the trees by twisting wire together and adding beads as surrogate leaves.

 
Then I put little rockes around the base of the trees...
 
 
And eventually I add seed beads to indentaions in the log and around two knots.   My son likes it,  so it's his.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-11536965-4