Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Sun and Moon

suncatcher
 
My friend and neighbor, Rita, takes care of things at our house whenever we are out of town.
I give her money and stained glass in return, though she would do it for nothing at all.
We were chatting in my "glass room" one day and she saw two glass medallions on my workbench.
 
 
A blue crescent moon and a dark orangy red sun.
 
We were discussing what I could make for her as she was going to be taking care of our house and pets while we went camping.   She said she would like both of these medallions incorporated into a suncatcher.  I asked "Each in a seperate suncatcher?"  She said no, both in the same suncatcher.
 
Hmmm...
 
 
 
So this is the end result. 
 Had Rita not requested the sun AND the moon, I never would have thought to do it on my own!  Pretty cool...   

 

6 comments:

  1. That is freakin BEAUTIFUL! Well done Janet. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbie! It's always great to get a little validation...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me gusta, te ha quedado muy original
    Tu amiga estara contenta
    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm late but, I love this piece!! It's fabulous the way you have the sun rays reaching high and the moon a subtle presence. Really great!

    ReplyDelete

 
UA-11536965-4